Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal is one of the most common cosmetic treatments. The procedure beams highly concentrated light into the hair follicle, which destroys the hair. The treatment is precise and can be used to remove dark, coarse hair without damaging the surrounding skin. In most cases, the hair follicle is permanently reduced or removed after three to five treatments. Common treatment locations include:
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
Call us today at 225-767-0646 or request your consultation online!
+ Instructions Before Visit:
- Two weeks prior: Avoid prolonged sun exposure. Refrain from waxing or tweezing the area to be treated. Do not use sunless tanner in the area to be treated.
- Day of procedure: Have the area to be treated freshly shaven, with minimal regrowth.
- Procedure time: 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Downtime: 1-3 days. Skin might feel similar to sunburn. Can expect follicular swelling and redness.
- Back to work: Immediately.
- Anesthetic: None.
- After care: Avoid submerging the treated area in hot water. Avoid heat and strenuous activity for several days post treatment. Avoid prolonged sun exposure for two weeks post treatment. Wear physical blocking sunscreen daily if the area treated will be exposed, Suntegrity and Intellishade are recommended. May use cold compress as needed. May apply Aloe Vera gel to the treated area.
- Results: Permanent reduction of hair growth.
- Duration: Yearly maintenance treatments may be required to sustain results.